To ensure you receive the most out of your candle please:
• Trim your wick to 5mm before lighting your candle to ensure you receive the maximum burn time.
• When burning your candle for the first time, allow the wax to melt until it reaches the edges the jar before extinguishing. This will create a candle memory and will prevent the candle from tunnelling.
• Never burn your candle for longer than 4 hours at a time.
• Discontinue use when the wax reaches 1-1.5cm from the bottom of your vessel.
• Keep your candle away from direct sunlight.
Why we use soy wax here at Melting Point:
Soy wax was discovered in 1991 as a new and more natural alternative to paraffin wax. It is a 100% natural, renewable, non-toxic and biodegradable wax. It is made using soybean oil. Soy wax is a softer wax that has a lower melting point and burns longer and at a cooler temperature than paraffin wax.
Why does my candle look different?:
We try to ensure that all our candles are perfect but sometimes some 'cosmetic' differences can arise. Frosting and Wet Spots (when the wax has pulled away from the glass) are both normal in soy wax and cooler climates and unfortunately can not always be avoided. These problems are 100% cosmetic and will not affect the candles performance or burn in anyway.
Vanillin is a primary component in vanilla bean extract and a common ingredient in some of our fragrances. This product can cause slight discolouration over time. As stated above this will not affect the performance of your candle. All candles with Vanillin content in the oil will say so in their description.